How to Prevent Hair Breakage
You go to great lengths to keep your hair looking vibrant and healthy. The last thing you want is for the appearance of your lovely locks to be marred by pesky hair breakage. You can be on the offense rather than the defense and prevent hair breakage before it even occurs. Incorporating a few simple tips into your hair care routine will not only help you to prevent hair breakage, but they'll make your hair look healthy and gorgeous.
Prevent Hair Breakage NaturallyThe hot oil treatment is one of the most popular methods used to prevent hair breakage. When performed once or twice weekly, this treatment will keep your hair supplied with enough moisture to protect your hair's bonds. Many stores offer pre-packaged hot oil treatments, but you can make your own home remedy using plant-based oils from your kitchen pantry. Pure vitamin E is also great. Simply break open a few gel caps and spread the liquid throughout your hair to effectively prevent hair breakage.
Prevent Hair Breakage by Revamping Your Hair Care RoutineYour hair care routine is, perhaps, the best and easiest place to look in order to prevent hair breakage. Mistakes in your hair care routine are often the reason for hair breakage. Some practical ways to prevent hair breakage include:
- Washing hair two to three times weekly with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Restricting the use of perms, dyes relaxers and other harsh chemicals. Dying or perming only once every 8-10 weeks is recommended to prevent hair breakage.
- Choosing products with gentle ingredients such as guar gum and/or flaxseed.
- Trimming hair regularly to discourage split ends.
- Using a soft brush and/or a wide-tooth comb to groom your hair at least once daily.
- Limiting the use of excessive heat. Only use hot blow dryers and curling irons when absolutely necessary.
- Utilizing a reputable product that is designed to treat and prevent hair breakage such as our editor's choice hair breakage treatment, H2 Ion.